6 common childhood cancers

6 common childhood cancers

Symptoms of bone cancer include bone pain that gets worse at night or when active, swelling around the bone.

Eye tumors: acquired tumors, also known as retinoblastoma tumors, are most commonly found in young children around the age of 2.

These tumors are rarely found in children over 6 years old.

Eye tumors occur due to congenital defects or germline mutations.

These tumors usually occur in only one eye.

Symptoms of eye cancer include different colors in the pupils, crossed eyes and eye pain.

Leukemia, kidney cancer, bone cancer, brain cancer are common diseases in children.

Childhood cancer is one of the scariest diagnoses for parents.

However, childhood cancer is rare, and about 11,000 children in the U.S. are diagnosed with cancer each year, according to experts.

Leukemia: is a cancer of the bone marrow, spongy tissue inside the bones.

There are 2 main types of leukemia in children, including acute myeloid leukemia and lymphoblastic leukemia.

Acute myeloid leukemia accounts for about 25% of leukemias, which arise during childhood but are common in the first 2 years of a child’s life; lymphoblastic leukemia accounts for most of the remaining 75% of leukemia cases, most commonly between the ages of 2-5 years.

Children with leukemia have symptoms such as fever, bruising, anemia infection, easy bleeding.

Brain tumors: the second most common type of cancer in children are spinal cord tumors and brain tumors.

Please Support Alles Europa News