Methanol alcohol is a chemical, only used in industry because it is very toxic to humans, produced from fermented wood, cheap.
Methanol when ingested in the blood can turn toxic, affecting many organs.
This substance can cause damage to the central nervous system, acute respiratory failure, heart failure, hypotension, severe shock, acute kidney failure, blindness … easy to lead to death.
The 19-year-old female patient, who suffered life-threatening brain damage from methanol poisoning, recovered from the hospital after more than 10 days of treatment.
Experts said that after intensive treatment, the patient stopped the ventilator and intubated, brain damage recovered but left some sequelae.